Index» » » » » » Indecisive Nacho Topped Quesadilla Monstrosity

Indecisive Nacho Topped Quesadilla Monstrosity

Sunday, March 16, 2014


This is what happens when I am unable to come to a decision about what to fix for dinner.  At least once a week, sometimes more, I am at a loss for some clear dinner direction and, when in such a predicament, I generally turn to one of my many Mexican inspired favorites.  However, once an easy "go to" meal, my cantina fare obsession has now developed into a  new conundrum for me as I am virtually incapable of choosing between tacos, tostadas, quesadillas, fajitas, enchiladas or nachos. So, why choose was my flawed thinking.  Hence, my own ridiculous indecision was the catalyst for this nacho topped quesadilla monstrosity.  I have faith that a more clear culinary direction will follow tomorrow.         

Chorizo Quesadilla
2 flour tortillas
1/2 pound bulk chorizo
sliced black olives
finely chopped red onions
shredded Monterey Jack cheese

In a preheated skillet, crumble the bulk chorizo and brown until cooked through.  Preheat a separate skillet or griddle with a tablespoon of canola oil and place one flour tortilla in the pan.  Layer a bit of shredded Monterey Jack cheese onto the flour tortilla and top with crumbled chorizo, black olives, red onion and a bit more cheese.  Cover with second flour tortilla and cook until bottom tortilla is brown and cheese starts to melt.  Carefully flip over quesadilla and cook until heated through, cheese is melted and bottom tortilla is nicely brown.  Cut into quarters and serve with salsa, sour cream and fresh cilantro.    

No comments:

Post a Comment